Suicide Survivors Support Groups
Survivors of Suicide Support Group
- Contact: Evelyn Wald (814) 237-0567or visit www.individualandfamilychoices.com for more information.
- This is a six-week group that is held twice a year for anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one through suicide.
- For more information about Tides, visit www.tidesprogram.org or please call Suzanne at 814-692-2233.
- Tides is a grief and loss peer support group for children, teens and adults after experiencing the loss of someone significant in their lives. We provide a non-judgmental, nurturing, and healing atmospherewhere families learn they are not alone in their grief and can express their thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe environment. Our primary goal is to provide grief support services to an increasing number of children, teens and families in Centre and surrounding counties.
- Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of each month (Sept-May) from 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Houserville Elementary School located at 217 Scholl Street, State College, PA 16801. Tides is free to families but registration is required.
Suicide Survivors Support Organizations
- Central PA Chapter of the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention (AFSP), www.afsp.org/chapter/afsp-central-pennsylvania.
- Contact: centralPA@afsp.org.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), www.afsp.org, is the leading national not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy, and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide.