Loss of a spouse or significant other
Loss of a Spouse or Significant Other Support Groups
Centre Crossings Hospice Support Group
- Contact Sheri Neale (814) 237-7400.
- This group is open to individuals grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Meetings are held the third Thursday of every month from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Mount Nittany Medical Center, Conference Room #3, 1800 East Park Avenue, State College, PA 16801.
Home Nursing Support Group
- Contact Betsy Brett at (814) 237-1404.
- This is a bereavement support group for adults who have experienced a recent loss in the past year.
- Meetings are held the last Wednesday of every month at 2 p.m. at the Home Nursing Office on 450 Windmere Drive in State College, PA 16801.
Life After Loss: A Group for the Bereaved
- This is a faith based six-week program designed for individuals grieving any loss. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and at least 3 months past their immediate loss/bereavement. Programs are held at different churches throughout the year. This program is held at the following churches:
- Howard United Methodist Church – Contact Craig Rose at CraigQR@yahoo.com or (814) 933-7333.
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church – Contact Linda Hoover at Lsh4488@gmail.com.
- St. John’s United Church of Christ – Contact Pastor Monica at (814) 466-7162.
- St. Paul’s United Methodist Churchand Wesley Foundation – Contact Donna Snyder on Mondays and Tuesdays at (814) 237-2163, ext. 125.
- State College Presbyterian Church – Contact Diana Malcom at email@example.com.
Stories of Loss: A Grief Education and Support Group
- Contact Jackie Hook at (814) 404-0546 or Jackie@JackieHook.com.
- This group is facilitated by Jackie Hook, MA, and Beth McLaughlin, MFA.
- When you lose a loved one, having support helps you on your healing journey. In this Grief Education and Support Group, you will learn about grief and mourning, have opportunities to share your stories and be among others who have experienced a loss. All adults are welcome.
- Meetings are held at The Village at Penn State, 260 Lion’s Hill Road State College, PA 16803.
- For more information about Tides, visit www.tidesprogram.org or please call Suzanne at 814-692-2233.
- Tides is a grief and loss peer support group for children, teens and adults after experiencing the loss of someone significant in their lives. We provide a non-judgmental, nurturing, and healing atmospherewhere families learn they are not alone in their grief and can express their thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe environment. Our primary goal is to provide grief support services to an increasing number of children, teens and families in Centre and surrounding counties.
- Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of each month (Sept-May) from 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Houserville Elementary School located at 217 Scholl Street, State College, PA 16801. Tides is free to families but registration is required.
Loss of a Spouse or Significant Other Support Organizations
- Contact: Call (814) 941-2900 or toll free 1-800-598-1704 or visit www.aseracare.com for more information
- AseraCare Hospice is one of the nation’s premier providers of hospice and palliative care services. The family-centered approach works to ensure that the needs and wishes of both patients and their family members are met throughout the hospice experience. AseraCare provides a wide range of hospice care services that include physician, nursing, therapy, social work, counseling, personal and spiritual care.
Centre County Can Help
- Contact: Call Toll free 1-800-643-5432.
- Centre County Can Help is the licensed provider of Telephone/Mobile/Walk-In Crisis Intervention Services in Centre County. Services are accessible 24/7 and Crisis Counselors are available to meet individuals in their own environment. Can Help Counselors assess for potential risk of suicide/homicide, provide support counseling, crisis de-escalation, problem solving techniques and make appropriate referrals for treatment. Counselors are available to provide brief grief support, post trauma supportive counseling and debriefing.
Centre Crossings Hospice
- Contact: Call 814-237-7400 for more information.
- Centre Crossings Hospice provides quality, compassionate end-of-life care to individuals of all ages, including children. Hospice is available for individuals with a variety of illnesses including cancer, heart and lung disease, AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease and other end stage diseases. Our goal is to provide care that enables patients to be comfortable, secure and close to their families. Care includes emotional, social and spiritual support for patients and their families. Centre Crossings Hospice understands that you always want the best for your loved ones….and so do we.
Home Nursing Agency
- Contact: Call Toll Free 1-800-445-6262 or visit www.homenursingagency.org for more information
- As Pennsylvania’s first home health agency to become a Medicare-certified hospice, Home Nursing Agency has been integrated in the community since 1968 to meet the needs of patients coping with a life-limiting disease and their families. Home Nursing Agency considers the entire family, not just the patient, to provide the highest quality of hospice, palliative care and bereavement services. Counseling and grief services are provided to family members of hospice patients for 13 months after their loved one’s passing. Hospice care and bereavement services are offered throughout the Agency’s 19-county service area.
- Contact: Call 814-237-0567 or visit www.individualfamilychoices.com for more information
- The Individual and Family CHOICES Program is an innovative group of practitioners providing services located in central Pennsylvania, aimed at the comprehensive treatment and healing for individuals and families who have been affected by trauma, depression, conflict, grief and loss and many other issues.