Loss of a child
Loss of a Child Support Groups
- Contact: Peg Herbstritt at 814-574-5997 or for more information, go to www.compassionatefriends.org.
- This group is open to individuals grieving the loss of a child.
- Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of every month at 7 p.m. at St. John's Rectory, 134 East Bishop Street, Bellefonte, PA 16823.
- For more information about Tides, visit www.tidesprogram.org or please call Suzanne at 814-692-2233.
- Tides is a grief and loss peer support group for children, teens and adults after experiencing the loss of someone significant in their lives. We provide a non-judgmental, nurturing, and healing atmospherewhere families learn they are not alone in their grief and can express their thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe environment. Our primary goal is to provide grief support services to an increasing number of children, teens and families in Centre and surrounding counties.
- Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of each month (Sept-May) from 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Houserville Elementary School located at 217 Scholl Street, State College, PA 16801. Tides is free to families but registration is required.