Grief services for youth
Youth Grief Support Groups
- For more information about Tides, visit www.tidesprogram.org or please call Suzanne at 814-692-2233.
- Tides is a grief and loss peer support group for children, teens and adults after experiencing the loss of someone significant in their lives. We provide a non-judgmental, nurturing, and healing atmospherewhere families learn they are not alone in their grief and can express their thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe environment. Our primary goal is to provide grief support services to an increasing number of children, teens and families in Centre and surrounding counties.
- Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of each month (Sept-May) from 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Houserville Elementary School located at 217 Scholl Street, State College, PA 16801. Tides is free to families but registration is required.
Youth Grief Support Organizations
The Healing Patch
- Contact: Call Toll free at 1-800-445-6262 or visit www.homenursingagency.com for more information.
- Home Nursing Agency has the Healing Patch: A Program for Loss and Hope for Grieving Children and Their Families with locations in Blair and Cambria counties to serve children who have lost loved ones.